Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day In The Extreme

Tēnā koutou katoa – Greetings to you all
Link to Extremes in a Sentence
What a wonderful cornucopia of extremes in a day! I am delighted to report a baker’s dozen of contributors and their extreme creations:

Cheryl enjoyed . . .

I spent the day shivering in a snowy storm, skiing trails that went from powdery snow in fog, to cream cheese snowy views across the valley where there was sun.

Gail Poulin busied . . .

I spent a busy day with my husband as we worked like soldier ants lowering stumps, covering the area in wood chips, transplanting bushes, and finally relaxing peacefully on the deck with a beverage and watching nesting birds at the feeders.

Virginia completed . . .

I started the day with an empty calendar for the month of May and now every day is filled with at least one thing and many times two.

Mr Wood experienced . . .

The day began cold and grey, then became hot and sticky, and just after it got wet and sticky, it became sunny and warm.

Kabod facilitated . . .

I delicately discussed "Stirrings" in The Giver over and over today with silly, pubescent Seventh-and-three-quarters Graders.

Ken waxed . . .

In 24 hours, our bathroom was transformed from a functional facility and possible retreat to an empty wooden box with holes in all sides that the wind whistled through.

Anonymous sighed . . .

Yesterday morning I got to play with my granddaughter in the morning and had to kiss her good by in the evening. I wouldn't get a chance to see her in person again till June.

Gail Desler expressed . . .

I spent the day with 6 dedicated, innovative, caring 5th grade teachers, 5 of whom received "pink slips" this month (where in the heck did the expression "pink slip" come from - and what's the terminology in your district?). Difficult times in California.

Bonnie extemporised . . .

Could there be anything more extreme? We left on a plane from Tel Aviv, Israel on Monday night at midnight and arrived at Newark airport, New Jersey at 5AM and there's a 7 hour time difference. So getting back to normal, well what's normal anyway?

Elona announced . . .

My students were working away quietly at the begining of the class and then the fire alarm went off.

Tracy activated . . .

A flurry of activity to get parent permission for 25 students in 15 minutes for a last-minute opportunity to attend a day-long literary festival, after which I stayed at the school in the quiet of my classroom for the day :)

Kevin initiated . . .

Between coaching youth baseball, writing a grant proposal, composing daily poetry, working on some educational pieces for a website and watching my three boys run-run-run, the week of school vacation has been anything other than restful.

Cynthia ebulliated . . .

The air was already oppressively humid at 7:15 a.m., and then the rain began; however, the seniors were able to have their crawfish boil at 1:00. Yum!


Ka kite anō – Catch ya later

6 comments:

Kevin Hodgson said...

Nice job, collecting all of those words in your net, Ken.
:)
Kevin

Tracy Rosen said...

I like how you set it up, so many actions we are all capable of!

Tracy

Bonnie K said...

Hi Ken,
Nice to surface with you this week. I've been missing your words,
Bonnie

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora Tātou!

Thank you for your support, Bonnie, Kevin and Tracy. I always enjoy running a DIAS on my blog.

For me, it is, and always was, one of the highlights of blogging.

Catchya later

V Yonkers said...

actually, Ken, I don't think that it was as much "completed" as "complained"!!! I would have liked an empty calender for May by the end of the day, but it just filled up as my kids and husband kept saying, "oh, by the way, I forgot...."

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora Virginia!

Let's just say that you completed a complaint. :-)

Catchya